Pinterest got me again with this one! Luckily I wasn't hungry. Even though PInterest has a way of making you hungry even though you JUST ate!
Anyway, this wonderful recipe is from CLOSET COOKING
I know we're all going to love it!
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/4 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- Pulse the basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Marinate the shrimp in the pesto for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight, in the fridge.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.